When we think negative thoughts our brains automatically scan our environment for things to justify these thoughts. That why some days start bad and just seem to get worse.
When we think positive thoughts the same thing happens. Therefore, it’s critical to know how to shift your energy from negative to positive at any moment.
What’s your recipe for creating postive thoughts and positive energy in the face of negative circumstances?
Here are some things that work for me:
- Taking a long walk in nature (this seems to clear my mind and bring new ideas, seemingly out of nowhere)
- Listening to high energy music (for me, nothing beats AC/DC’s “Back in Black”)
- Reading an inspirational book or passage
- Thinking about all of the things I’m thankful for
- Using affirmations first thing in the morning, before I go to sleep at night and anytime I feel down throughout the day
- Visualizing the life I’m committed to leading as if it’s already happened
What works for you? If you know, do it! If you don’t, experiment and come up with your own recipe.
I’d love to know what works for you. Please reply to this and let me know!!